Heady valuations & investor FOMO (fear of missing out) for Cleantech are present again.
Coupled with need to fund planetary-scale innovation provide quite a tailwind prompts investment..
BIG QUESTION is –Can new boom in clean tech avoid previous collapse?
- Industry has matured, entering a new phase of development
- Thus justifies the latest burst of investor enthusiasm
- Funding in the first half of 2021.$16 Billion of funding in 1Q and 2Q 2021,
- 250 individual deals across seven sectors were made, including
- Carbon, climate, consumer, energy, food and water, industrial, and mobility.
LOOKING FOR SOLUTIONS:
What Clean Tech Products Involved ?
- Smart Grids
- Carbon Capture
- Aviation Fuel
- Green Hydrogen
- Direct Air Capture
- Long Term Energy Storage
INDUSTRY SECTORS Impacted by Energy Transition or Decarbonizing of Everything:
MONEY SOURCES [for Funding]:
Risk Tolerant Venture Capital
Lower Case Capital – Chris Saaca
Breakthrough Energy Venture Catalyst
Elemental Excelerator – Ian Chipman – Director of Content & Media; Dawn Lippert CEO
JUCCCE – NGO [ World leaders in Climate Tech
Ampaire – Hybrid Electric Aircraft
J P Morgan Chase – $ 2.5T [ Indoor farms & solar powered solar;
$60 B Investment in U.S.;
See S& P Global Clean Tech Index