- Breeders Cup Board Members own Horses trained by Baffert
- 12 of the 14 members of the Breeders’ Cup Board involved;
- Have either had Baffert train their horses
- Or stand stallions whose value he helped create.
SIGNIFICANCE: Board Members Involved
- Chairman Barbara Banke owns a piece of five of them.
- Breeders’ Cup Vice Chairman Anthony Beck nor President Drew Fleming
- William Farish, a Breeders’ Cup board member
- Breeders’ Cup spokesman Jim Gluckson
- Equine attorney William Gotimer
- Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association CEO Alan Foreman
- Thoroughbred consultant Ric Waldman
- Board Members should put their horse ownership in a trust.
- Horse Racing Industry needs Independent Oversight Board.
- Industry needs to become really transparent in all its affairs
“Trainer Bob Baffert’s case underscores horse racing’s conflicting interests” – https://apple.news/AiCRh-tllT7-zQFeKMWXHdA