What issued gun does the LA Police carry?
Smith & Wesson M&P Pistol chambered in 9mm to all new officers.
Officers also have the option to choose from a variety of such as–
Glock, Kimber, Staccato or Beretta pistols, as well as Smith & Wesson, Colt, or Bushmaster AR-15 rifles.
Primary less-lethal weapons employed by law enforcement are:
• Electronic control weapons (ECWs), most commonly Tasers; batons; X26P
• Pepper spray—are already in widespread use
• Bean Page projectiles [Barred by Chief Moore
• Hard Foam Projectile Launchers
[37 & 40 millimeter projectiles – to be fired in to the ground in front of suspect ]
Alternative To Police Using & Carrying a Gun:-
Top 5 Less Lethal Tools | SOFREP
• Rubber Bullets
• OC Spray (oleoresin capsicum) aka Pepper spray:
• Collapsible Baton:
Blunt Force Projectiles:
• Grenade Sting/Flash:
• Water cannons.
https://laist.com/news/tasers-lapd-axon-power-reliability – ““Why Does LAPD Keep Buying Tasers That Don’t Work Like They Should”
Law Enforcement: Top 5 Less Lethal Tools