IF You have big financial backers you can get elected;
Politics & Getting elected is all about money not qualifications;
Need to cap & disclose political contributions.
- Support Issue One, an American nonpartisan, nonprofit organization
- Seeks to reduce the role of money in politics.
- Organization that advocates for restricting election-related speech activity;
- Seeks to restrict lobbying on local, state, and federal levels.
- Purports to be bipartisan & works with Republican lawmakers & Democracy Alliance network;
- Aims to increase public awareness of what it views as problems;
- Within the present campaign finance system;
- Reduces the influence of money in politics through enactment of campaign finance reform
Where Issue One has had an outsized impact:
• Helped establish the Select Committee on the Modernization of Congress;
• Won House adoption of more than 30 reforms to improve Congress.
• Working with our partners; Helped win $825 M in federal funding
• Helped states improve their cybersecurity and manage their elections amid the pandemic.
• Built the National Council on Election Integrity
• Led its $15 million Count Every Vote campaign to defend the integrity of the 2020 elections
• Helped lead the congressional push to establish a 9/11-style commission to investigate the January 6th attack on the U.S. Capitol.
• Produced investigative reports & analyses with conversations about dark money, ethics, & congressional reform.
• Created multiple coalitions and additional organizations to broaden and strengthen the phalanx for political reform,
• including The Partnership for American Democracy,